Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Let the traveling commence

The planning portion is over and the traveling portion has begun.

We decided to rent a vehicle to make the drive to Atlanta, so we used the state contract that allows employees to rent vehicles for personal use at the state's negotiated rate. We got to the local airport to pick up the car only to discover that the local site requires proof of employment by way of photo ID. Of course I had taken my ID badge out of my car rather than leaving it while on vacation, so I didn't have it with me. This is apparently a newer policy and the woman at the counter told us that we were the 5th person today who was denied. She checked for other discounts but none compared, so we went back home. An hour later, we returned, ID in hand, and were soon on our way in a Toyota Venza.

So we left about an hour later than we thought but we don't have a specific time to be there which means we can take our time. We stopped for lunch at Chick Fil A in Thomasville. For those who have followed me before, you know my affinity for CFA peach milkshakes. But instead of getting one today, I googled to see if there is a CFA at ATL airport. There is. So tomorrow while we are waiting, I will make my way to Concourse C.

Speaking of the ATL airport, there was a bit of a to-do there earlier today. We are hoping for an uneventful day tomorrow. Some friends and fellow passengers have their flights affected by the air strikes in France. We are thankful we aren't connecting through there and hope everyone has a safe journey.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment