Thursday, August 15, 2013

Photo Books

Last year, a friend of ours sent us several beautiful photos while he was traveling out west.  I saved the photos and uploaded them to Shutterfly and for his birthday, which was shortly after his vacation, I presented him with a Photo Book made from the pictures he had sent.  It was so easy to do and turned out beautifully, so we are going to make one for ourselves from our Mediterranean adventure.

 

There are several photo sites on the web that you can use, but my experience has been with shutterfly.com.  It’s free and easy to set up an account, and once that’s done, just upload the photos you want to use in the photo book.  For me, I will end up loading more than enough because I want to have options when I’m working on the layout. 

 

For the photo books, you can choose the size of the book (we are doing an 8 x 11) and how many pages you include is up to you.  You can put as many photos as will fit and you can add as much or little text as you want for telling the story.  You can choose the background colors, styles, fonts, embellishments to make the photo book just the way you want it.

 

What’s great for us is that MyCokeRewards sometimes has an offer for a free photo book where you just pay the shipping cost; that’s how we made the photo book for our friend last year and how we’re making the photo book this year. 

 

In addition to photo books, places like Shutterfly offer many options for putting your pictures on stuff, whether it’s iPad cases, cups, magnets, or our favorite, a calendar!

 

We’re working on ours – when we get it done, if I can figure out how to share it here, I will.  In the meanwhile, I’m flipping through a bazillion photos to find our favorites (several of which you, our readers, have already seen).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment