Sunday, August 4, 2013

Florence, in books

A few years ago, we got our first Kindle and along with it, a friend of ours gave us a copy of The Monster of Florence. I had not read it, but today I was looking for something to read, and having been to Florence recently, I thought this might be a good time to begin. I read Dan Brown's book Inferno after being in both Florence and Venice and found that my time with the book was enhanced because I could more easily visualize the places Brown described. I am just on Chapter 4 of Douglas Preston's true story of the Monster of Florence and already have paused several times to have DH read the passages describing scenes in Florence that we saw.

This is one of my favorite things about traveling... When I read something about a place I have been and can see it from the description of the author. It really comes to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment