Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Keep your eye on the clock

You know that expression, keep your eye on the clock?  One of the disadvantages of cruising is that while you are out enjoying the beautiful port cities, you have to keep your eye on the clock so you don’t miss the ship’s departure!

I was looking through a new friend’s photos of her visit to Malta.  We were on the same cruise, yet she saw so many different things than we did.  I was thinking how I wished we had more time there, and even with having two chances to visit, each time we had our eye on the clock so we didn’t venture too far or linger anywhere too long.  Her photos showed me that, coupled with my overall sense of liking the country, Malta is one place I do want to go back and stay a while.

We’ve often said that visiting places via cruise ship is like having a sampler tray; you can have a bite or a taste of something new, but for the things you really like, it leaves you wanting more.  That’s why our next visit to Europe will be land-based.  Or maybe we’ll combine it with a Viking River Cruise!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment