Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Windmills of Mykonos

 

 

I love looking at travel pictures and reading trip reports, particularly when I am going to a new location.  One of those new locations for our trip was Mykonos, and one of the travel photos I saw that intrigued me was of the windmills at Mykonos.  I thought they looked so interesting and wanted to be sure we would see them ourselves.  These are distinctive and are considered an identifying landmark for Mykonos, so white against the blue sky and sea.  As we were leaving from Mykonos that afternoon, the winds were strong, so strong in fact that they were shearing off the tops of the waves and creating rainbows on the surface of the sea.

If you find yourself in strolling through Mykonos Town, take the time to walk up to the windmills. The view is spectacular.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment