Friday, May 10, 2013

Photos from the road

Whenever we travel somewhere new, we take so many pictures. We are not photographers beyond “point and shoot” but thankfully these types of cameras make it easy for novices to still come  home from vacation with good photos.

We love having a digital camera because it makes it nice to take as many pictures as the memory stick will hold.  We end up passing the camera back and forth between us as we each want our own perspective on what we’re looking at, or because one of us is sitting on the side of the bus without the glare on the window.  This year we got a sweet deal of the day from Amazon so we have a second camera so we don’t have to pass the camera back and forth as much.

Another thing that we added to our travel accessories is the Camera Connection Kit that goes with the iPad.  This makes it easy to transfer photos from the camera’s memory stick to the iPad for easier viewing, but doesn’t remove the photo from the camera unless you specifically tell it to.  The iPad then makes it easy to upload photos to Photobucket or social media sites, or even send by email – which means I can update our blog with photos from the road (as long as we get some wifi occasionally).

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog from the very first post - I'm so happy I found it. My husband and I are going on our first Mediterranean cruise next June. We are traveling on Royal Caribbean. I too have started planning from the moment I booked (Sept). Thank you for the info about the Connection kit for the iPad. I was thinking perhaps I'd have to lug my lap top with us! Our itinerary is very similar to yours so the information is very much appreciated.I am a teacher in South Florida so I can so relate to your countdown! Again thanks for the detailed posts with the tips and links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lourdes, thank you for reading, and I hope the info is helpful to you. If you have specific questions about anything posted or not, please ask... We love reliving our trip! The Med is beautiful and the ports are so rich in history and culture.

      Delete