To that end, we have reviewed the options offered by the cruise line and we have considered which ports we want to explore on our own.
Villefranche-sur-mer is the first port for both itineraries. We have been to this port before, but at that time, we spent a morning in Nice, so this time we want to head east to Monaco and visit Monte Carlo. But we also want to spend some time in Eze after having seen a travel show with Samantha Brown when she visited there.
- Take an approximate 45-minute drive along the Lower Corniche to Monaco.
- Ride an escalator or elevator up the cliff and enjoy a 45-minute guided walking tour including an external visit of the Oceanographic Museum and inside visits of the Monaco Cathedral and Prince's Palace, where you will also be able to observe the changing of the guard.
- Enjoy approximately 90 minutes of leisure time where you can enjoy lunch at one of the many cafes or browse the shops.
- Re-board your coach for a 15-minute drive along part of the Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit.
- Arrive at the coach parking area in Monte Carlo and walk approximately 15 minutes up to Casino square, surrounded by immaculate gardens.
- Then enjoy approximately 60 minutes of free time to shop, explore the Grand Casino or browse the impressive range of top cars outside in Casino Square, before walking back to your coach.
- Leaving Monaco, drive approximately 30 minutes along the Middle Corniche to the spectacular medieval village of Eze, perched on a craggy peak above the Mediterranean.
- Enjoy a 30-minute guided walking tour through the steep cobblestone streets followed by approximately 60 minutes of free time for exploring or shopping.