Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Smash Book

I've often been one to keep a journal when we travel to record our experiences and give us something to keep our memories straight. Even if I just make a list of what we do each day, having something to refer back to is a fun way to relive our trips.  For those of you who have known me for a while, you know how much I like to write a trip report - and if you've been following this blog, you can tell that recording travel-related planning and events is something I enjoy. 

So when another DISBoard member who is sailing with us mentioned that she was going to make a smash book, I was intrigued. I know about scrapbooking as the pile of papers, stickers, and other paraphernalia will attest, but if you look at my completed scrapbook pages, you'll see that I haven't put one together in the last ten years. In fact, the scrapbook supplies have only been used for school projects, definitely coming in handy for History Fair projects.

So what exactly is a smash book?  A smash book is a bound book that you just smash your memory stuff into: ticket stubs, scraps of notepaper, pictures, doodles, stickers - all kinds of things. And there's space to write your thoughts or scribble your memories alongside your memorabilia.  I'm looking forward to filling these!

No comments:

Post a Comment