Saturday, April 27, 2013

Let the preparation begin!

I looked at the calendar today and realized that we have fewer weekends to prepare for travel than I thought we did!  The weekdays are full of everyday scheduled things, so Saturdays and Sunday afternoons are the time I have for putting my full attention to the preparation for this trip.

What, you ask? Haven't you been doing that since before you started this blog in February? How much time do you need to get ready for a trip?  Yeah, yeah, I get it - I've been doing a lot to get ready all along, but now I'm anxious to get the suitcases out and start putting things in. I'm ready to have the travel folder divided and labeled by city and port. I'm ready to have some Euros in my hand so I'll know when we get to Barcelona I don't have to find an ATM immediately.  I want to know that the cute t-shirts I just bought will actually go with the shorts and capris I have in my closet. And those are things I have to actually do, not just think about.

But in the meantime, we also have to get through the end of the school year (May 31st can't get here fast enough!) and that means assignments, projects, AP exams, and final exams. It means band concerts and banquets. It means graduation cards and gifts for the seniors we know and love.

And we also have work projects to finish, assignments to handle, arrangements to make to have our work covered while we're gone. Which is part of why the weekdays are so full right now; trying to get those work things out of the way so we can go on vacation! I don't know about the rest of you, but it seems like we work in super-warp-speed right up until the moment we leave the office on the last day before vacation, and then we dance a little jig on the way to the parking lot to remind ourselves why we've been working so much - so we can enjoy the time off that we've looked forward to for so long.  (Note to self: the security cameras ARE operational and will catch that jig on tape.)

So here's to a day full of preparation activities; most of the planning is done but until I do some of the prep, I won't know if I've overlooked something important. Now where did I put that box???

No comments:

Post a Comment